2010年1月11日月曜日

Itsukushima Shinto Shrine

Today, I am going to introduce about Itsukushima Shinto Shrine. In 1996, It was registered on UNESCO's World Heritage list. There were some reasons it was registered on. First, it is masterpiece in humans history, and it represent important era. Second, it clearly represent universal occurrence, tradition, thought, religion, and so on. It locate in Hiroshima and it built in 593. It is very unusual shrine because its torii stands in the sea. It is said it is the most beautiful shine in Japan. However, it is broken easily by typhoon or tidal wave because it stands in the sea. I have never been there, so I would like to go to someday and enjoy great view. We should repair it continuous because we should pass the beautiful shrine down to next generation.

4 件のコメント:

  1. I have never been there, either. I have seen it only on TV. Yes, it is important to preserve this beautiful shrine. However, I wonder why its torii was built in the sea. Do you know anything about this?
    I want to go there, too.

    返信削除
  2. Itsukushima is called “Miyajima” and one of the Three most beautiful views in Japan. When I saw it in picture, I was expressed the beautiful view of it. However, in 1555, Itsukushima became the battle field and over 10,000 soldiers died there. Although it is very beautiful place, we should remember that many lives were lost there.

    返信削除
  3. The view of Itukushima shrine is beautiful. By the way, have you see the view at low tide? Then, the torii rise on ground. I think both torii on sea and on ground are interesting equally.

    返信削除
  4. Oh, it's my hometown! I can see it from my house. There are so many deers in Miyazima. The "torii" is very beautiful if you see it in the night. It is light up until p.m.11.

    返信削除